1994 Cavalier LSi C20NE (was C18NZ) Work-horse

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
3cav3

Re: 1994 Cavalier LSi C20NE (was C18NZ) Work-horse

Post by 3cav3 »

With my Volvo they actually plugged the mot machine into the ecu via the obd2 port to measure the oil temperature.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Oh dear, UK delivery service falls on it's face again.

The panel from MM-Opelparts made it's way into the UK without any issues within 3 working days.

Sadly, as soon as the UK courier got it's hands on the panel it all went tits up.
They quoted delivery early the next morning (Wednesday 9:13am), complete with a photo and a name 'signed for by T Walker'

At first I did not worry, because there are staff at the address called 'Walker'.

Went to pick up today.... no parcel, and none of the Walkers have the initial T.
And now no photo or name on the tracking.

Lord knows where the panel went to.

I have emailed MM-Opelparts to see if they can find out where the parcel is, as they arranged delivery...

UPDATE -
Parcel Force have mis-delivered my parcel.
I don't know why because the delivery address has been there for several decades.
Obviously not a delivery agent who lives anywhere nearby.

MM-Opelparts (Savanah) have been super helpful and efficient. Sending links and photos to help.
And carrying out enquiries with their couriers.

I just hope Parcel Force can try to redeem themselves, by finding the parcel and delivering to the correct place.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

We get this happen quite often at my work, for some reason on about half the satnavs the postcode takes them to another industrial estate about 3 miles away in a different village yet the carriers still deliver it there and unfortunately at the unit that has the same number as our a load of non English speakers work there so they just take it in. Can take days to track it down because even if you drive there nobody can understand what you say!
Hopefully you will be able to track it down soon.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Fingers crossed that you get that sorted. Sad times on the delays.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

It is MM-Opelparts that I feel sorry for.
They have been impeccable and very responsive.

Only to be let down by the UK parcel delivery service.

I could understand if it was Evri / Hermes, but I would expect better from Parcel Force. Maybe I am being naive.

I presume it will be a matter of MM-Opelparts claiming back off their courier's insurance. And hopefully sending me a refund or replacement in due course.

I suspect I will cross that bridge next week, if / when Parcel Force get back to me.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

As if by magic, the panel turned up at the correct address.
There are no markings on it to identify the manufacturer.
Looking at the 'frill' of the pressing, I would say it isn't a GM part.
Probably a Klokkerholm part.

I am not too fussed. It will be 1000 times better than the scabby cats that currently inhabit the chassis floor.
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

It's fortunate your parts arrived.
Parcel force took a week to get a part i ordered from Germany (2 days to arrive in UK) delivered to me. The sorting office then managed to lose it when redirecting it less than two miles away, it never did turn up but fortunately i got a replacement.

The panel doesn't look too bad. I'm always disappointed with the gauge but then i'm from a time when the best grade steel was an old washing machine carcass and the best wire for gas welding was coat hangers. I miss the old days :lol:
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

That's great Rob, aye, definitely after market panels but not the worse pressings seen and as you said - better than the grotty panels. Hope they get fitted as planned and the cav sees the open road again soon :D
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index